|Ed was wondering where that woman, what's her name again... Jean, Joan...|
Oh well, whatever... where was she?
She was supposed to be his warm up act.
|It wasn't a £100 a plate|
But this is lavish by Munguin's standards
Another difference was that at this gathering no one had resigned, was in the process of resigning, or was intending to resign and no one had had the news that they were en route to meltdown.
|The Pumpkin who decided to let Jim Murphy stand in his place|
At the dinner in Glasgow, Ed Multiseed said that Labour would prevail and that appearing to lose 90% of their support, in two separate opinion polls, was nothing that they couldn't handle. So, there you go. Ed knows what he's up against and he'll manage it with his customary panache. And with right wing Jim as his branch manager, there's no danger that any nasty socialist policies will appear to put the nice middle class voters of the Home Counties in a state of fear and alarm.
|Mr Miliband got a "warm" reception for his grand do for|
rich people who can
afford a week's retirement pension for one meal
Talking of which... Halloween is over, bonfire night is but a week away, and although we have been having Christmas thrown at us since late September, the real deal will be starting shortly.
British Christmas now lasts for 3 months of the year. We are exhorted by businesses to spend everything we have, and some that we don't have, on making sure that we all have the very best Christmas ever, and that seems to involve a gluttony of food drink and presents for everyone within a 5 mile radius.
So Munguin and Tris have a suggestion. We don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but we think that Christmas has gone over the top. There's a huge amount of waste, and at the same time, there are so many people who have nothing much to eat on a normal day, never mind Christmas day.
|Even Iain Duncan Smith, on his £53 a week,|
could have managed Munguin's dinner.
Probably would have been on expenses anyway.
We are not religious. It just seems the right thing to do...
|It's the 31st October.|
Where's the Command Paper?
As is this exchange on Twitter originally between Lords McConnell and Foulkes. Dear or dear, when the artistos start to fall out...
- @LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes Totally predictable surely?
- @LordMcConnell disappointing indeed
- .@LordMcConnell GeorgeFoulkes Lords having a spat, totally forgetting about foodbanks and child poverty while I reach for my hankies
- .@LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes Square go in the HoL. Just need a couple of Mexican wrestling masks to go wi those ermine robes.
- @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell who voted for you to go into the House of Lords and 300 quid a day do you drink it In the days of Foodbanks
- @LordMcConnell George blocked me. The man is silly. I always reminded him he is a Lord of the realm. Not a school Boy in playground.
- @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell laundry dirty public in. Love it!
- @David_Small1982 @CathyMcRorie @LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes It's all a game to the guys in #scottishlabour They forget it's people's lives.
- @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell wow. You two should get a room. #sexualtension
- @misslaurenreid @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell how thoughtful and non judgemental!
- @misslaurenreid @Always_a_Yes @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell you guys clearly are #bettertogether
- @Roberts56Gavin @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell each to their own. I just don't want there to be ant repercussions. Honest. ;)
- @misslaurenreid @Always_a_Yes @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell didn't I warn you about being homophobic! Lol
- @misslaurenreid @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell think there might be ants aboot!
- “@LordMcConnell: @GeorgeFoulkes Totally unnecessary George. Disappointing in fact.”@repscotandrew
- CHECK timeline “@LordMcConnell: @GeorgeFoulkes Totally unnecessary George. Disappointing in fact.” @newsundayherald
- @LordMcConnell @Sizzy6 @GeorgeFoulkes You are surprised? His recent blatant sexist insults to @holyroodmandy should have told you something!
- @LordMcConnell @FoxUniChaKilo @GeorgeFoulkes Whilst agreeing with your Jackness, why weren't you there?
- @LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes George I can tell you Jack, Henry and Andy are your most popular people up here, all rated as great guys
- “@LordMcConnell: @GeorgeFoulkes Totally unnecessary George. Disappointing in fact.” Brilliantly graceless as ever from foulkesy
We live in interesting times. Glad that Munguin's party went well and nothing wrong with soup and beer and bread, better than humble pie and champagne.ReplyDelete
I heard that the wee bag of groceries that Murphy scrounged for the food bank was actually refused. Would have probably stuck in the recipients throat.
Munguin's a bit indisposed today, but the humble staff have to carry on with a hang over (or as much of a hangover as you can get from a very limited supply of beer).
Yes, when someone claims as much in expenses and votes against measures to help the poor and FOR measures to make their lives even more awful, and then tries to buys some publicity on his way to a posh dinner by donating a bag of groceries he probably got one of his staff to buy for him, the best thing would be to tell him to stuff it.
People like us can only donate. He can actually vote to change things... but then he's slightly to the right of Attila the Hun, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Munguin, I think you are a bit of a fraud - that "beer bottle" looks very much like a fine wine from Asda! I suppose you had quacamole disguised as mushy peas?Delete
Just has to have a dig at mandleson and new labour dont he ?
Maybe Niko, if it hadn't been for Mandelson we'd all still be voting Labour!!!Delete
You still having difficulties posting, or did it sort itself out.
I saw that Scot Goes Pop was having problems that way too and Arbroath can't post on here at the moment...
I disregarded that rumour about Mandelson in the same way as I disregarded the rumour about him and Brown playing Postman's Knock at one of Archer's parties.
What's Postman's Knock?Delete
Well Uncle John... It's like this. That was a bottle of expensive Hungarian wine, which I had set aside for the feast, but that greedy Tris came along and swapped it at the last minute for a tin of beer... and we only had that between all of us.ReplyDelete
Tris is very mean minded when it comes to little animals.
I'd never eat a mole, not even a quaca one . They are very nice animals.... Some of my best friends are moles.
PS Tris says we never buy anything out of Asda now, since they are David Cameron's wet wipes.
I thought that was Bull's Blood; and you a pescetarian Munguin...ReplyDelete
Hmmm... who'd drink Bull's Blood when there is a nice bottle of Tok Aji Harslevelu from the vineyards of Count Degenfeld (a personal friend), served at 11 degrees?Delete
But you're right Uncle Conan... I don't eat moles, but a nice prawn salad goes down very well!!
Handbag at the chin,,,Delete
I was at the Labour Party do, standing out in the cold behind the Wings banner. It would appear that I was at the wrong party :-D What happened to my invite? Had I been sacked without any notice? Had I resigned without realising it?ReplyDelete
Munguin sways your invitation may have been lost in the post...although as he sent them all without stamps, maybe you just refused to pay the postage, and now you are paying the price...Delete
Still, it was noble of you to be there under the Wings banner.
Munguin kept you some soup... Pop round any time. (PS: The beer's finished.)