|Ed was wondering where that woman, what's her name again... Jean, Joan...|
Oh well, whatever... where was she?
She was supposed to be his warm up act.
|It wasn't a £100 a plate|
But this is lavish by Munguin's standards
Another difference was that at this gathering no one had resigned, was in the process of resigning, or was intending to resign and no one had had the news that they were en route to meltdown.
|The Pumpkin who decided to let Jim Murphy stand in his place|
At the dinner in Glasgow, Ed Multiseed said that Labour would prevail and that appearing to lose 90% of their support, in two separate opinion polls, was nothing that they couldn't handle. So, there you go. Ed knows what he's up against and he'll manage it with his customary panache. And with right wing Jim as his branch manager, there's no danger that any nasty socialist policies will appear to put the nice middle class voters of the Home Counties in a state of fear and alarm.
|Mr Miliband got a "warm" reception for his grand do for|
rich people who can
afford a week's retirement pension for one meal
Talking of which... Halloween is over, bonfire night is but a week away, and although we have been having Christmas thrown at us since late September, the real deal will be starting shortly.
British Christmas now lasts for 3 months of the year. We are exhorted by businesses to spend everything we have, and some that we don't have, on making sure that we all have the very best Christmas ever, and that seems to involve a gluttony of food drink and presents for everyone within a 5 mile radius.
So Munguin and Tris have a suggestion. We don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but we think that Christmas has gone over the top. There's a huge amount of waste, and at the same time, there are so many people who have nothing much to eat on a normal day, never mind Christmas day.
|Even Iain Duncan Smith, on his £53 a week,|
could have managed Munguin's dinner.
Probably would have been on expenses anyway.
We are not religious. It just seems the right thing to do...
|It's the 31st October.|
Where's the Command Paper?
As is this exchange on Twitter originally between Lords McConnell and Foulkes. Dear or dear, when the artistos start to fall out...
- @LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes Totally predictable surely?
- @LordMcConnell disappointing indeed
- .@LordMcConnell GeorgeFoulkes Lords having a spat, totally forgetting about foodbanks and child poverty while I reach for my hankies
- .@LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes Square go in the HoL. Just need a couple of Mexican wrestling masks to go wi those ermine robes.
- @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell who voted for you to go into the House of Lords and 300 quid a day do you drink it In the days of Foodbanks
- @LordMcConnell George blocked me. The man is silly. I always reminded him he is a Lord of the realm. Not a school Boy in playground.
- @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell laundry dirty public in. Love it!
- @David_Small1982 @CathyMcRorie @LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes It's all a game to the guys in #scottishlabour They forget it's people's lives.
- @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell wow. You two should get a room. #sexualtension
- @misslaurenreid @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell how thoughtful and non judgemental!
- @misslaurenreid @Always_a_Yes @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell you guys clearly are #bettertogether
- @Roberts56Gavin @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell each to their own. I just don't want there to be ant repercussions. Honest. ;)
- @misslaurenreid @Always_a_Yes @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell didn't I warn you about being homophobic! Lol
- @misslaurenreid @GeorgeFoulkes @LordMcConnell think there might be ants aboot!
- “@LordMcConnell: @GeorgeFoulkes Totally unnecessary George. Disappointing in fact.”@repscotandrew
- CHECK timeline “@LordMcConnell: @GeorgeFoulkes Totally unnecessary George. Disappointing in fact.” @newsundayherald
- @LordMcConnell @Sizzy6 @GeorgeFoulkes You are surprised? His recent blatant sexist insults to @holyroodmandy should have told you something!
- @LordMcConnell @FoxUniChaKilo @GeorgeFoulkes Whilst agreeing with your Jackness, why weren't you there?
- @LordMcConnell @GeorgeFoulkes George I can tell you Jack, Henry and Andy are your most popular people up here, all rated as great guys
- “@LordMcConnell: @GeorgeFoulkes Totally unnecessary George. Disappointing in fact.” Brilliantly graceless as ever from foulkesy