Tuesday 25 August 2015

WHAT A COMPLETELY INSPIRATIONAL MAN



This came up on my Twitter feed from Owen Jones. When I realised what it was I couldn't make up my mind whether or not to watch it. I had heard a little of Gordon, I knew that he had been diagnosed with MND, but I'd never seen him on screen or heard him talk. A part of me felt that I didn't want to. I didn't want to be sad for him or to feel sorry for him.

However, in the end I decided to play it...and I'm glad I did.

He's not the kind of guy you feel sorry for. He's the kind of guy you admire. He's been dealt a rotten hand but my goodness is he making it work for him and perhaps more importantly, for society.

I came away inspired and yes, although I was sad, I was also uplifted by his courage and determination... and somewhat ashamed of how little I make of my life by comparison.

I thought it would be good to share it with you.

6 comments:

  1. There is something heroic about that. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I don't think there much more you can say about it.

    But next time you're irritated by being a bit off colour, not able to go out, or whatever, you just know you're going to feel so ashamed of yourself, and hopefully that it will make you reassess how you deal with the nasty stuff life throws at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing and courageous man. Good luck to you Gordon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May he achieve much in what time is left to him.

      Delete
  4. I came away inspired and yes, although I was sad, I was also uplifted by his courage and determination... and somewhat ashamed of how little I make of my life by comparison.

    Nothing to add to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it may be so for many of us.

      Delete