Here's a wee Quiz for you courtesy of the SNP. I'll print the answers tomorrow and trust you to mark yourselves!
1. Scotland has 8.4% of the UK’s population. What percentage of the UK’s overall tax take comes from Scotland? a) 4.2% b) 7.4% c) 8.4% d) 9.6%
2. According to the International Monetary Fund which of these countries has the lowest wealth per head? a) Iceland b) Ireland c) Norway d) United Kingdom
3. According to Professor George Walker, Professor of Financial Regulation & Policy at Glasgow University, what percentage of the bank bailout would an independent Scotland have had to pay? a) as little as 5% b) a population share of 8.4% c) as much as 50% d) they are Scottish banks so 100%
4. According to the latest official statistics how much of Scotland’s overall tax take is spent on things like the state pension and welfare payments, compared to the UK? a) 45% for Scotland to 35% for the UK b) 60% for Scotland to 20% for the UK c) 40% for Scotland to 42% for the UK
5. At the moment, UK government statistics exclude the North Sea from Scotland’s economic accounts. If the wealth in Scottish waters is included, how does Scotland compare to the UK, in the league table of wealth per head for developed countries? a) 34th for Scotland to 5th for the UK b) 21st for Scotland to 3rd for the UK c) 6th for Scotland to 16th for the UK
6. At the moment, the Westminster Parliament has the final say over all laws in the United Kingdom, including the right to pass laws even in devolved areas. What percentage of its current legislators are directly elected by the people of Scotland? a) 25% b) 11% c) 9% d) 4%
7. True or false? Scotland ... For our size, has more highly ranked research universities than the UK, the US or Europe: TRUE or FALSE? Is the EU’s largest oil producer?: TRUE or FALSE? Has 25% of the EU’s offshore tidal energy potential: TRUE or FALSE? Over the past 30 years has had a budget SURPLUS over the UK of £19 billion: TRUE or FALSE?